and one of LA's premiere 99-seat theatres working both locally and
internationally in theatre, education, and community outreach, seeks an
experienced arts administrator as an Executive Assistant. 24th ST
offers a positive and professional work environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a permanent FT exempt position. This a
fantastic opportunity to work alongside the leaders of a highly
respected mid-sized arts organization. 24th Street Theatre's
Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director and assists the
E.D. and Artistic Director in all aspects of day-to-day theatre
management. This position helps oversee a small staff, assists in
implementing programming and organizational growth.
* Oversee scheduling for ED and ART DIR and the theatre's
* Supervise some staff
* Assist in project implementation and oversight
* Represent 24th Street Theatre to residents and businesses in the
* Represent 24th Street at professional meetings and conferences
* Systematize office and organizational procedures
* Assist with institutional and project-based Marketing.
* Assist with fundraising activities including correspondence with
institutional donors and managing individual donors.
* Assist with producing and production and logistics on all
performances and events presented by the theatre
* Assist with managing the venue as well as groups renting the venue
* Manage 24th ST. computers and software, train staff on use of
computers, database, and other equipment in the theatre.
* Other duties as needed.
* Must be highly self-motivated and organized with great time
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must have strong computer skills
* Hard worker with the ability to get things done
* Ability to work with diverse group of people in a dynamic,
* Ability to lead staff, project hires and volunteers
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required
EDUCATION, TRAINING: Preferably a Masters degree in Arts Management, or
BA/BS Business Administration or equivalent experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate has a great sense of humor,
the number one trait of a successful arts administrator. 3 years
experience in non-profit Theatre Arts Administration with an
understanding of both the non-profit and theatre worlds. Should like
kids, as thousands of kids per year come through the theatre. Spanish a
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Send Resume, salary history, and writing sample to:
No calls please.